Administrative Assistant (Education Programmes)
Na Píobairí Uilleann (NPU), the Society of Uilleann Pipers was founded in 1968 to promote the playing and manufacture of the uilleann pipes and Irish traditional music in general. We have extensive music tuition, pipemaking training, publications and public performance programmes and provide a wide range of services through our web-based resources.
With a growing worldwide membership and expanding events programmes we have a vacancy for a newly created position of Administrative Assistant (Education Programmes). The successful candidate will have responsibility for developing our uilleann piping, pipemaking, outreach teaching programmes and administering our pipes on loan scheme.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced uilleann piper, have experience in administration in a commercial environment and have excellent communications and organisational skills.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate in-house and outreach piping tuition programmes
- Act as Child Protection Officer for NPU
- Publicise and organise uilleann pipemaking training courses
- Administer Pipes on Loan Scheme
- Maintain inventory of instruments on loan in good working order Prepare piping student developmental materials
- Organise uilleann piping teacher development workshops Maintain and develop new online tuition resources
- Manage student scholarship scheme
Letter of application together with detailed CV addressed to The CEO, Na Píobairí Uilleann, 15 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, D01N504 or by email to gay [at] pipers.ie to arrive not later than 5 p.m. on Friday 15th March 2019.
For more information on Na Píobairí Uilleann, please visit the link below.
Published on 28 February 2019