Position: Marketing Executive
Terms: Full Time
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Manager
For over 165 years, Cork Opera House has been part of the cultural fabric of Cork city. As one of Ireland’s leading and unique performing arts venues, it presents 270-300 shows per year and attracts over 200,000 patrons with a busy programme of both visiting performances and in-house productions. Cork Opera House is looking for a suitable candidate to join its Marketing Department as Marketing Executive.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing Executive will be responsible for devising and delivering effective marketing communications campaigns, both seasonal and show specific, to grow and enhance the Cork Opera House brand. The Marketing Executive will promote the Cork Opera House programme and drive sales by utilising marketing tools including Direct Marketing, Website, Print, Traditional Media Advertising, PR & Media relations, Event Management and Entertainment listing.
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing communications programmes to achieve show sales targets including measurement and budget tracking and rollout marketing communications programmes on time and within budget.
- Developing media plans that increase reach and optimise frequency, working across a range of media and marketing tools.
- Design and implement social media and digital marketing plans, as part of an overall marketing plan.
- Co-ordination of Press Relations for Cork Opera House shows, both visiting and in-house productions.
- Write copy for various public relations and marketing materials, including brochures, press releases, social media, e-zines, website, Radio/TV advertising & media activities.
- Development and management of creative concepts for public promotion of shows, events and brand profile, video editing/creation and creative competitions.
- Work with the Head of Programming to liaise with visiting companies/artists/events in advance of the shows at Cork Opera House.
- Co-ordination of media buying and implementation (including radio adverts, outdoor such as poster spaces, flyer space, bus shelters, quads, shopping centre spaces, billboards).
- Maintenance and co-ordination of the Cork Opera House website content & visuals along with e-comms coordination and implementation. Daily updating of content, new shows on sale, links and images.
- Source quotes and brief third-party suppliers including: photographers, graphic designers, printers, promotional staff and manage their output in line with marketing requirements.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns and marketing content for in-house productions to include Panto/Concerts/Musical Theatre/Variety shows, helping to manage video and photo shoots and work to produce quality designs and materials.
- Present marketing plans including costs to promoters for approval
- Manage internal house dressing ensuring that all in-house print is up-to-date and changed on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the Box Office, address and resolve audience queries and complaints in a timely fashion.
- Review marketing activity effectiveness on a show-by-show basis, identifying sales trends and adapting subsequent marketing plans.
- Attend performances and other events as required out of normal hours.
- Undertake reasonable duties at the request of the Marketing and Communications Manager and any other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
Person Specification/ Behavioural Competencies Required
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present creative & innovative proposals and marketing plans in a clear and professional format.
- Effectively communicating internally across departments and externally with PR, Media and Event Management personnel is essential.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with photographers, graphic designers, printers, promotional staff and all external bodies.
- Ability to lead and motivate within the Marketing department and influence across other departments in the Cork Opera House.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to employ tact and diplomacy.
- Be capable of delivering on goals and objectives, staying calm under pressure and meeting deadlines as set out in yearly plans.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- An approved degree level qualification in Marketing/MII Membership.
- 3 – 5 years’ previous experience in a senior marketing or communications role.
- A high level of IT proficiency with up-to-date knowledge of online marketing trends.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are essential and the ability to remain flexible and seek alternative solutions are key.
- While not essential, experience working in the arts, entertainment or charitable sectors would be of benefit.
- Planning and organisational skills.
The position reports hierarchically and operationally to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Please send a covering letter and CV to recruitment [at] corkoperahouse.ie with the subject heading ‘Application for Marketing Executive’ by Monday December 19th 2022 at 5pm.