Development & Partnerships Manager
Position: Development & Partnerships Manager
Terms: Full Time
Reporting to: CEO
For over 165 years, Cork Opera House has been part of the cultural fabric of Cork city. As one of Ireland’s leading and unique performing arts venues, it presents 270-300 shows per year and attracts over 200,000 patrons with a busy programme of both visiting performances and in-house productions. Cork Opera House is looking for a suitable candidate to join its Senior Management Team as Development and Partnerships Manager.
Purpose of the Role
The Development and Partnerships Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a Fundraising and Development Strategy for Cork Opera House and for engaging and retaining sponsors and partnerships to support the achievement of Cork Opera House fundraising goals and objectives.
- Create and implement a multi-faceted Fundraising and Development Strategy, working closely with the CEO, Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Lead and manage Cork Opera House’s overall fundraising and development efforts against specific targets on an annual basis.
- Manage and develop existing strategic partnerships.
- Capitalise on the unique selling position the Cork Opera House has to offer to companies through ‘sponsoring a show’.
- Drive the growth around companies linking their name to a show, which attracts a target audience from a wide-ranging programme and promote the flexible packages and the ability to tailor to suit individual company business and marketing objectives.
- Devise novel strategies for revenue generation.
- Develop and manage donation opportunities.
- Prioritise individual giving at Cork Opera House by developing strategies for individuals become more meaningfully involved at Cork Opera House.
- Attend city and nationwide networking and business development events with a view to cultivating new sponsors and partners for Cork Opera House.
- Organise and host development and partnership events at Cork Opera House.
- Lead other staff to support fundraising and partnership events and initiatives.
- Work with the Marketing Department to engage meaningfully with businesses throughout the city in the promotion of shows, i.e. hotels, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers etc.
- Work with the Marketing team to enable the fundraising strategy by using social media and other technology platforms to maximize fundraising donations and activities and to deliver on commitments to sponsor in the areas of brand awareness, logo placement, tickets and special sponsors events.
- Work with the Production Department to enable the fundraising strategy by using opportunities with In-house productions to maximise fundraising initiatives.
- Manage and develop existing corporate and individual donor relationships in relation to Corporate Boxes, Show Sponsorship as follows:
- Prospect, cultivate and nurture relationships with prospective corporate and individual sponsors on the different membership levels.
- Sell the merits of live entertainment for improving corporate relations, encouraging staff loyalty and employee engagement.
- In line with the current Strategic Plan, develop a strategy and method of approach to prospective corporate and individual donors and assemble sponsorship proposals for dissemination amongst potential sponsors.
- Act as the point of contact for all sponsors with responsibility for servicing sponsor relationships throughout the year, including reporting, ticketing, corporate entertainment, marketing, launches, press liaison and company initiatives.
- Manage existing partner initiatives and campaigns.
Person Specification/ Behavioural Competencies Required
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to formulate and present creative proposals and business plans in a clear and professional format.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate at a strategic level employing tact and diplomacy as required.
- Ability to lead and motivate within the business development department and work effectively as a team across other departments in the Cork Opera House; to deliver on the commitments to our sponsors and promote our creative offerings.
- Effectively communicating internally across departments and externally with account managers and points of contact in client companies is essential.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential and the ability to remain flexible and seek alternative solutions are key.
- Be capable of delivering on goals and objectives, staying calm under pressure and meeting deadlines as set out in yearly plans.
- High numeracy skills are required with experience of dealing with projections, forecasts and a knowledge of how the business is run financially is vital.
- Analysing, planning and organisational skills.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- At least 2/3 years’ experience in a similar senior role is required to perform in this strategic position.
- Experience in the areas of fundraising and sponsorship as well as donor and partnership relationship management is important.
- Have a good awareness of the business landscape of the city with a finger on the pulse in relation to future economic developments and business opportunities at corporate level.
- Proficiency and experience in networking is imperative.
- Experience and understanding of the arts and/ or charitable sector is an advantage.
The position reports hierarchically and operationally to the CEO
Please email a CV and cover letter to recruitment [at] corkoperahouse.ie with the subject heading ‘Application for Partnerships & Development Manager’ by Monday December 19th 2022 at 5pm.