Music Staff, The Royal Opera
£52,871.40 per annum
33 hours per week
Starting September 2023
The Royal Opera, under the musical direction of Antonio Pappano and Director of Opera Oliver Mears, is one of the world`s leading opera companies. Based in the iconic Covent Garden theatre, it is renowned both for its outstanding performances of traditional opera and for commissioning new works by today`s leading opera composers, from Judith Weir and Mark-Anthony Turnage to George Benjamin and Kaija Saariaho.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent member of our Music Staff team to work as a repetiteur and to coach ROH Principals and Guest Principals to work with the Royal Opera to the highest artistic standards.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate these qualities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the opera repertoire
- Significant experience as a repetiteur for a major opera company
- A high-profile coach/assistant conductor and equivalent experience as a recitalist with singers of an international standard
- A detailed knowledge of the working processes of an opera company, with experience of scheduling
- Working knowledge of German, French and Italian
- A natural rapport with singers, conductors and directors, who gets involved in the creative process and takes an interest across all productions
Please note: We also encourage candidates with a less prominent interest in conducting and strong keyboard skills to apply.
All information on the role, what to prepare for the three stage audition process and how to apply is detailed in the Music Staff Audition Pack which is available as a pdf on our website - https://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4475
Once you have read the Music Staff Audition Pack, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click on `Apply Now`.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular, those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
For queries please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for applications: 8am, Monday 16th January 2023.
First round auditions: Monday 6th February 2023
Second round auditions: Week commencing 27th February 2023
Third round auditions: Wednesday 17th May 2023
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.