Emma O'Kane Bursary
The Emma O’Kane Bursary is an award for independent artists who want to think beyond the boundaries of their art form and practice and to explore dance or a physical language in their work. It honours the exceptional ethos and artistic practice of artist Emma O’Kane who died in 2021.
The Emma O’Kane Bursary is open to artists of all types and talents. Whatever your background, lived experience or artistic practice.
Over the course of the year, bursary recipients will receive a:
– stipend of €550 for a total of six weeks totalling €3300
– research and materials budget of €500
– six-week residency at 42 Fairview Strand, Dublin (atrium space)
– up to five bespoke mentorships sessions over the course of the year to be defined by the selected artist together with the relevant bursary project advisors
– opportunities to attend professional morning dance classes (to be defined together with the selected artist)